Nearly every individual will be prescribed an opioid-based pain reliever at some point in their life. Aside from the potential for addiction, there is the chance for unintentional overdose and death. There is perhaps no better application for medical DNA testing than to prevent this.
Dynamic DNA screens for over 30 different drugs used in the treatment of chronic or acute pain including, but not limited to:
- Opiates (i.e. Hydrocodone, Morphine,
- Steroids (i.e. Dexamethasone)
- Muscle Relaxers (i.e. Soma)
- NSAID (i.e. Celebrex, Ansaid)
Cardiovascular drugs are the most widely prescribed class of medication. Over 26 million adults are currently living with heart disease, the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Dynamic DNA screens for over 25 cardiovascular medications including, but not limited to:
- Statins (i.e. Lipitor and Zocor)
- Anti-Coagulants (i.e. Plavix and Warfarin)
- Beta Blockers (i.e. Lopressor)
- Anti-Hypertensive (i.e. Coreg)
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
Whether it be depression, anxiety, or mood swings, nearly everyone is affected in one way or another. 1 in every 10 Americans takes an antidepressant, and up to 38% of individuals report side effects. Dynamic DNA screens for over 30 psychotropic medications including, but not limited to:
- Anti-Depressants (i.e. Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Cymbalta)
- Anti-Psychotics (i.e. Seroquel)
- Anti-Anxiety (i.e. Xanax, Valium)
This option includes all three of the previous panels, plus additional medical insights for many other drug classes, totaling over 200 medications. Since your DNA never changes, these results will forever be a
guide to you and your physician as your body and medical needs evolve. Additional areas covered include:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Infectious disease
Many companies offer home DNA testing, but in our experience Dynamic DNA Labs is the most comprehensive and offers the most individual assistance in understanding your results. You can order your tests from their website.